Email marketing is one of the most effective ways to build a relationship with your customers and prospects, but it can be difficult to get started.
Most people are afraid to start their own email newsletter because they don’t know how or where to begin. They think it will take too much time and effort, so they never even try. This results in missed opportunities for sales and leads that could have been easily generated through email marketing.
Our guide walks you through all the steps needed to create an email newsletter from scratch without wasting any time or money on things like hosting or software that you don’t need! It also shows you how easy it is for anyone with no technical skills whatsoever! Just follow our step-by-step instructions, and before long you will be sending out engaging emails every week – while making more sales in less time than ever before…
Decide what type of content you want to include
Don’t let your subscribers get caught in the spam filter. Before you collect email addresses, consider what type of content they can expect from future emails to avoid getting blocked as a result.
Here are a few content ideas:
- The daily digest: a quick and easy way to get your news
- The weekly roundup: the best of the week’s content, all in one place
- Newsletters for specific topics: recipes, home improvement tips, parenting advice
- A monthly newsletter with updates on new products and services from your favorite brands
- A series of emails, such an online course delivered through email
Create a design for your email newsletter
While email was once accessed only from desktop computers, the audience is now using a range of devices. It might be surprising to know that people access their email on a variety of platforms including laptops, desktops, tablets and smart phones. You want your message to be readable on all devices.
Write compelling copy that will keep readers engaged in your emails
Study after study has shown that people who read marketing emails are more likely to buy a product or subscribe. So how do you keep them reading? Keep the following in mind:
- Keep your content short and concise
- Keep your subject lines clear and to the point
- Include a link in every email you send, even if it’s just to a relevant article on your website or blog
- Add images to make your emails more visually appealing (make sure they’re not too big)
- Give away something for free in every email that has an opt-in form – this could be a PDF download of one of your articles, access to some exclusive content, or other goodies
Proofread your work before sending it out
The last thing you want is for a typo or grammatical error to go unnoticed and have an adverse effect on how people perceive both yourself and your company. So make sure that when you’re ready to send, take the extra step by spending some more time in front of screen making sure everything from subject line choices down through hyperlinks are perfect.
Here’s a quick checklist:
- Double-check for typos and spelling errors
- Typos and spelling errors in your email newsletter can have a significant impact on the success of your business. Typos and mistakes are embarrassing to say the least, but they also represent lost revenue for businesses if not corrected quickly.
- Proofread your subject line to make sure it accurately reflects the content of the email
- A subject line is the first thing a reader sees from an email. Make sure it reflects what you are trying to say before they read any other part of your message!
- Check your links before sending out an email newsletter to make sure they work properly
- Check for broken links before sending out your next email newsletter to ensure that all of the content is accessible. This will help you reduce bounce rates and keep customers happy with their experience!
Ready to get started?
If you’re looking to get started in email marketing, contact Higgens Media – where we can help create engaging email campaigns to drive sales and revenue.