Businesses have been using QR codes for a while now in an effort to connect with customers. There are different QR code types. Many free QR code generators produce static codes. This means that once a code is generated, it cannot be changed or updated.
However, businesses can use dynamic QR codes, which are able to be changed and updated as needed, and offers a number of benefits for businesses.
What are dynamic QR codes?
Dynamic QR codes can be used by businesses to track customer behavior, create custom marketing campaigns, and changed after being created. By using dynamic QR codes, businesses can get a better understanding of how their customers interact with their products and services, and use this information to improve their marketing strategies.
Dynamic QR codes are different from traditional QR codes in several ways. They can be used to track customer behavior using analytics software. This means businesses can see where customers are scanning their QR codes. This information can help businesses create more effective marketing campaigns that cater to their customers’ interests. Additionally, dynamic QR codes can be changed after they are created.
What are some of the ways businesses can use dynamic QR codes to connect with customers?
There are a number of ways businesses can use dynamic QR codes to connect with customers. One way is to use QR codes in TV commercials. This can be a great way to direct people to a specific website or offer them a special deal. Dynamic QR codes can also be used in postcards and print media. This can be a great way to promote a sale or event. Finally, businesses can use dynamic QR codes in OTT campaigns. This is a great way to reach out to streaming customers.
How to create a dynamic QR code for your business
To create a dynamic QR code for your business, you’ll need to use an online service. While services like bit.ly offer plans for dynamic QR codes, plans start at $300 a month for access to detailed data and custom-branded QR codes.
Higgens Media has launched a product that has features that differentiate from bit.ly, beyond just a lower price. Dyanamic QR codes can be custom-created with your logo, colors, and exported for use on any media or medium. You can bring or purchase your own custom domain or subdomain so when people scan your code, they’re presented with your recognizable brand. You can see city-level data on where scans occur, device types, when scans occur, as well as create A/B tests to take your campaign even further.
Tips for using dynamic QR codes successfully
- Make sure that your new content is easy to scan and understand. Poorly designed QR codes can be frustrating for your audience and may lead to decreased scanning
- Test your code before you publish it.
- Make sure the content is mobile-friendly. If users have to zoom in or scroll around to view the content, they’re likely to give up and move on.
- Use an engaging call-to-action (CTA) with your code. Tell users what they can expect when they scan
- Use different QR codes for each medium so you can track each campaign effectively. By doing so, can see how many people scan QR-codes inside your store vs on your TV commercial vs a flyer through the mail.
- Be sure to utilize UTM tracking information so you can track the scan even further through Google Analytics.
Ready to take the next step? Contact Higgens Media to learn how we can help your track your TV, digital, print, and in-store campaigns better.